Welfare Scheme for Tanzanian Diaspora
Welfare Scheme for Tanzanian Diaspora (WESTADI) “The Diaspora all over the world is desperate for a cost effective, customized and reliable scheme that will bring immediate solutions to the arising endless challenges”. NSSF has now ventured into extending its services to Tanzanians living abroad through special Diaspora coverage scheme called WESTADI
Aimed to cover all Tanzanians living abroad ( Including Students ) 4 dependants selected by the insured person for Social Health Insurance Benefits (SHIB) in Tanzania
Payment of prescribed premium of USD 300 per person per annum
The main objective of provision of health services is to reduce a burden to Diaspora members of sending more money to cater for health expenses to their relatives back home
- Health services will cover insured person while in Tanzania and their four dependants left at home.
- Health Services will include both outpatient and inpatient medical services and it will provide 100% coverage.
- The Fund will accredit medical providers with payment modalities of capitation method for left home families, and fee per visit for the Insured person while in Tanzania.
- The main objective of provision of Repatriation services is to curb the high demand for costs coverage to send human remains back home (Tanzania)
- The services will cover the Insured person in Human remains
- The services will cover the cost of human remains and one accompanied person to Tanzania
- The average costs for repatriation shall be subject to ascribed maximum and not dependent of the specific country.
- The scheme will cover costs of burying deceased insured person who opted to be buried in respective Diaspora country
- The costs to be covered will be subject to ascribed maximum and not dependent of the specific country.
The insured person has to be current on premium remittance
Registration is done online through NSSF Website under WESTADI Link
Remittance is done online under specific links of remittance platforms such as PayPal.
Health Insurance services
- A dependents to choose a hospital that are within the Accredited hospitals in their respective Regions and the service to begin immediately after the confirmation of premium remittance by the Insured Person
- Dependents to visit a nearby NSSF office across the country for Health Service subscription process
- The service will stop once the Insured person ceases to remit premium
- The next of keen to notify by lodging Death claim online through WESTADI link on NSSF WEBSITE
- The next of keen to provide information of burial services once an insured person opts to be buried abroad (respective Diaspora country)