The aim of invalidity pension is to guarantee income security to the insured person
who has permanently lost his earning capacity, resulting from accident or illness.
An invalidity pension shall be payable to an Insured Person who
- Is suffering from permanent invalidity;
- Is under Pensionable age;
- has made 180 contributions; or
- at least 36 monthly contributions have been paid in respect
of him of which twelve or more were paid in the period of 36
months immediately preceding the date of commencement
- The benefits payable shall be determined the same as that of retirement pension except that minimum required credits is 36.
- The Qualifying members shall be entitled to both Commuted Pension (Lump sum) and Monthly Pension.